LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at Open File

When I run the LV EXE file (made by LV 2012, my OS is WIN 7 32-bit), sometimes, I see the Error 7 occurred at New File  Possible reasons: LabVIEW: File not found. The File might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for teh OS. .....

This problem is intermittent.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,119 Views)

@8248ellen wrote:

When I run the LV EXE file (made by LV 2012, my OS is WIN 7 32-bit), sometimes, I see the Error 7 occurred at New File  Possible reasons: LabVIEW: File not found. The File might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for teh OS. .....

This problem is intermittent.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

I almost don't want to contribute because it's the end of the day and I tend to be a bit tired and get a little grumpy and sarcastic, but how do you expect us to be able to give you an answer when all you provide is a picture of your desktop?  That's like asking a mechanic to diagnose your car trouble by sending him a picture of your car.  And like that mechanic, I can only give you general advice.  It appears that a file seems to be missing sometimes.  (And boy, am I glad I don't have to stare at that interface all day.)

Upload the source code so we can dig into it and see what kind of race conditions you have going on inside.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,116 Views)

Add an indicator to your code so that it displays the file name.  Maybe that will help you figure out what is going on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,111 Views)