From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occured at Open File+.vi:Open file

Here is a screenshot of what the problem is? I am trying to create a path from a string (path plus timestamp). Somehow, the file is created in the folder, but the path in LabVIEW doesnt show the filename that is the timestamp. This was working for a really long time. I am seeing this problem since yesterday.

It doesnot show the complete path with the time stamp. It used to work before and all of a sudden since yesterday, it is not.

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,038 Views)

Just make the indicator bigger. The path control 'breaks' the line at a '/', the timestamp is at the 2nd line.

I actually think it'd be better if it was right-justified, so you see the filename but not the root in a situation like this.

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,009 Views)

WEll actually I did make the indicator bigger. And, I see that the file is created in the destination folder, but for some reason I still get the error 7. My program runs fine if I ignore the error and continue but then I am not able to pin point where the error is coming from.

Clear specific error is a code I got from NI to clear the error. But, it doesn't still work and I get error 7 even before it enters the Write to text file function.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,006 Views)

I don't have a GPIB Interface. Checked in MAX. The error 7 I am getting is related to LabVIEW reading the path to my file differently. File is being created at the requested folder but LabVIEW indicates otherwise. Is there a possibility that some update on the system is causing my program to crash with Error 7?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,974 Views)

It's coming from inside the VI with no custom icon and lable 1? Can you show the code in there?

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,960 Views)

The custom vi is attached in my above post. That vi is actually there to clear error 7 because it is popping up without actually causing any error to my program.

My path is correct. I have checked that. My file is created and I am able to write into the file and view the log at the end of the program.  The annoying *bleeep* popup of error is appearing when there is no error and I don't know why.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,954 Views)