LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -63150 with LabVIEW 2021

I have been facing the same issue trying to run any LabVIEW VI on my usrp x310 and ni-2944 (I have one of both to test). I am sure it is a very basic issue since I can't find much information on it. Firstly, I running LabVIEW 2021 community on a Windows 10 computer. I am also using "NI-USRP Configuration Support for USRP Products" 21.0.2, "NI-USRP RIO Support for LabVIEW 2021 (64 bit)" 21.0.2, "NI-USRP Support for LabVIEW 2021 (64 bit)" 21.0.2, "LabVIEW FPGA Module (64 bit)" 2021 and "LabVIEW FPGA Compilation tool for Vivado 2019.1" 2020. I hope that list covers the relevant packages. I am using an NI PCIe-8371 to connect to the USRP and program the FPGA. The first issue I am facing is the following error when I try to configure the usrp x310 using the "NI-USRP Configuration Utility". The x310 is detected properly by the software but it does not let me write a relevant image. I get an message saying "Incompatible image selected. The device's revision is newer than the selected image's revision." Interestingly the USRP 2944 is also detected as an x310 and gives exactly the same error when I use the Configuration Utility. I know the configuring the x310 is necessary for it to interact properly with LabVIEW so this might be the root of the problem. The second (and probably dependent) issue that I am facing is common between both the usrp x310 and USRP 2944. It happens when when I try to use the "NI-USRP Simple Streaming" example code that is already provided. It correctly detects the USRP as RIO0 (and NI-MAX also names it as RIO0). However, when I try to run the VI, I get the following error: "Error -63150 occurred at Open Dynamic Bitfile Reference in Open Device.vi:6810001->Open and Configure Device Core.vi:6550001->Open and Configure Device.vi:6580001->Rx Streaming (Host).vi" This occurs with both the x310 and 2944. I have looked up this error and some people have faced it when encountering FPGAs but their proposed solution does not work (updating the BIOS, have the PCIe-8371 card replaced, there is only slot in motherboard to connect it so re-ordering is not an issue I think). Considering that the issue is probably software since I have replaced all the hardware components, I would really appreciate some help with this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(792 Views)

I am really sorry for the formatting of that question. I did not mean for it to look like a wall of text.

All my paragraphing and spaces got removed when I posted that question 😞

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(788 Views)

hello
did you get your issue resolved 
i am getting the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(429 Views)