LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 6, Error message given

Hi guys I can't seem to decipher why this error message is being given and how to get around it.

Error 6 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Save Config File.vi->NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Close Config Data.vi->write settings.vi:5->LP3000+.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Generic file I/O error.

C:\LP3000+\stop watches\ ljlogud.cfg

the stopwatch timer with the boolean array gives times for each individual array element and saves the valus to a cfg file. Even if the error message is shown the timer does not stop counting (which is good!!!). Also the error message apprears only periodically and not always. How do I get rid of the error message window? Any comment about the shortcomings of the code is also appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,094 Views)

Well,

You only need to save the new values AFTER the main loop ends.  Reading them once to start is good- write them once to save them for the next launch- the file isn't used by something else is it?

And we are off to the races.... the Local "Array" is read without regard to when the terminal "Array" is written.  a classic race condition that nearly garuntees the last value written to the file is 1 iteration late.   Again by getting the file writing outside the main loop you'll fix this issue too.

I'ld have used Shift registers instead of FB nodes but that's a matter of personal taste.  The flat sequence structure should be removed (almost all of them should be obliterated, they are the devil's work.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,082 Views)