LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 42 when building application or publishing web service

Running LabVIEW 2018 and 2018 SP1.

Attempting to build our latest version of our LabVIEW Application, which includes a Web Service.

The build errors out at the Initialization stage and the windows suddenly black out (see images below), so that I cannot interact with LabVIEW anymore.  Thankfully I can copy/paste the pop-up text onto a notepad:

An error occurred while saving the following file:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\registry\registry.llb\Registry refnum.ctl

No other details provided.

After a while of trying, found that if I disabled the Web Service (unchecked it from the Web Services page of the Build Properties), the build makes it past the Initialization stage and the windows do not black out.

So, I tried publishing the web service, and lo and behold, the windows black out and the error occurs again, with more details provided:

An error occurred while saving the following file:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\registry\registry.llb\Registry refnum.ctl

<Call Chain>Error 42 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_RESTfulWebService.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_API Do Two Step Build.vi:4020001 -> AB_API Build.vi:4700001 -> NI_AB_API_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> NI_AB_API_RESTful.lvclass:Build.vi -> NI Web Service Build.lvlib:Build Web Service.vi:3720001 -> NI Web Service Build.lvlib:Create_Rest.vi -> NI Web Service Build.lvlib:Create_Rest.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x2A) Generic error.

--

1. Why Error 42?  How to fix so the build runs successfully?  Have we surpassed a path length limit?

2. Why is LabVIEW "blacking out" when building the application or publishing the web service?

LabVIEW black windowsLabVIEW black windows

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,116 Views)