cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 363513 Occurred when using smtp to send email

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to send email using SMTP. I getting the error of Error 363513 An error occurred while sending data on the network. How I can solve it? I've been struggling with this for quite a while.

LabVIEW 2016

STMP server: smtp.gmail.com

port: 25

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,097 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chiching

Hi chiching.  Do you know whether smtp.gmail.com will accept a connection on port 25?  Many email servers will not.

Do you know whether you can make an outgoing connection on port 25?  Many networks (and most residential ISPs) block outgoing connections on port 25.  Unfortunately the network I am currently on blocks outgoing port 25 connections, so I can't test smtp.gmail.com for you 😉

You can try using telnet to confirm that you can make a connection:

https://www.port25.com/how-to-check-an-smtp-connection-with-a-manual-telnet-session-2/

I wouldn't bother trying to make a connection with LabVIEW until you are able to send an email with telnet.

Hope that helps.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,047 Views)

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply. But I had tried for other port also having an error

Port 587: Error 363513, An error occurred while sending data on the network.

Port 465: Error 56, The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,037 Views)

Hi chiching.  I would try telnet to connect to gmail on 587 following the sequence suggested in section 7.2 here:

https://gerardnico.com/wiki/email/smtp_telnet

If you get responses from the server that look like what is described, that will at least confirm you are connecting to the server.  You may have to set the TLS switch to actually send via gmail, I don't know.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,017 Views)

Hi Matt,

My problem had been solved. I just set my port number to 589 and enable the TSL at the open handle VI.

Thanks for advice 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,015 Views)

Hi, I have the same problem with you and tried your solution, but it doesn't work. I use gmail server: smtp.gmail.com. With port number 587 I have 363513; with 589 and TSL true I have error 363500. Isn't it odd?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,953 Views)

Hi Noriker,

Have you set the TLS to true?

Error 363513 is due you network connection problem. Try check your internet network.

Message 7 of 8
(5,939 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply. My problem is resolved. I have to turn TLS off to make it work. Must be different network settings? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,931 Views)