From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 29

Good Afternoon,

I recently updated my system to LabView 2013 and updated my Measurement Computing Drivers ULx to the same. However I ran into a series of issues with the communication between the DAQ and the TestStand sequence. An error Code 29 take place in the ULx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan Nsamp).vi

In order to debug the problem, I attempted to run the entire subVi by itself only to find that the VI has an error code taking place at the ULx Create Channel.Vi. This error is 10000: Stating that the Task I/O is an empty array. I figured that the program itself was faulty so I opened one of the of Example files only to find that it was also having the same error code. I am at a lose as to what is going on. The example program that I am running to problems with is the ULxAcq&Graph Voltage-Int-Clk-DIG-Pre Trig.vi. The code I am working on is proprietary so I can't post it.

Any help or ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated,

Laci

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,354 Views)

Those errors sound like they may be thrown by the ULx software and not DAQmx. One thing to note is that the order of installtion matters. LabVIEW must be installed first. I woudl try a Repair of NI-DAQmx from Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs depending on your OS).

You say the error says empty Task I/O. Where are you getting the Task? Is it from NI-MAX?

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)
Why would a repair of DAQmx fix anything with ULx?

Laci,

Since you have a problem with ULx and their shipping example does not work, try a reinstall of their software or contact their technical support.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,288 Views)