LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 257 file name error

Hello,

I'm trying to create a program to control an e4990a Keysight impedance analizer, with the labview drivers for that device, and I'm getting a problem when I try to save the measurement data in the windows folder of the device. Everytime I use the manage files.vi of the driver I get the error 257, that only says file name error. I've read that that error applies when the file that you are refering to in the program doesn't exists, but that's not logical since I'm trying to save the data into a new file. I've also tried to create a file and then overwrite it to see if that was the mistake I was making, but I get the same error. It's very strange because that same VI can be used to delete a file, or save other types of files like a segment table file and the program does that with no errors. The file that you can create manually with the device is a CSV file.

I add the VI that I'm using so you guys can see if I'm making any mistakes. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(933 Views)

Sorry, I cannot open Vis in LabVIEW 2021, but where exactly is the "windows folder of the device". If this is in a system area, there might be permission issues.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(927 Views)

So, the impedance analizer has his own windows and his own HDD, where you can store the documents of the trace data that you measure, and that is the folder I was previously refering to. I don't thik there is a problem with the permisions tho, because I can delete or save other files, just not the measurement ones, for some reason. 

I'll add a picture of the VI, just in case is usefull for people without LV2021. The VI that's causing me trouble is the last one, the one before the close VISA.

sanwinner_0-1649103694667.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(901 Views)

Sorry, I am not familiar at all with your device and the custom drivers.

Curious that they don't accept a path datatype. Are you sure it wants the path as string in quotes?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(897 Views)

Yes, the vi uses it as a string, and the times that has let me delete files or save other files it does work with the string. 

Thanks anyway for the answers, if ayonne else has some information about the problem, please let me know

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(893 Views)