LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2208 on Executable

I also just ran into this issue on Windows Server 2012. My application has calls to .NET and WS2012 only installs .NET 4.5 by default and doesn't include .NET 3.5 (which includes 3.0 and 2.0). I hadn't realised that .NET 4.5 doesn't include .NET <= 3.5. Installing .NET 3.5 solved the issue for me.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 11 of 18
(2,713 Views)

Yes, LV up to 2012 (i believe) uses .NET2.0 as standard, so it makes sense.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,708 Views)

Just had this error (2208) when trying to run an exectuable on WinXP that was compiled with LabVIEW 2012 (32-bit) on a Win7 (64-bit) PC (executable runs fine on build PC)

I'm presently installing .NET 4.0 - as is requred by the NI Update 14.0 software (or so NI Update installer told me...)

update

-> Upgrading to .NET 4.0 and NI Update 14.0 hasn't fixed the 'broken run arrow/error 2208' issue

-> So now busy installing NI-488.2 14.0

->

--> also got a few Windows updates to install for .NET 4.0

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,632 Views)

Hi,

In the end the answer was simple (?), the 'Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5' was missing, once installed the 'error 2208' message stopped appearing and the executable ran

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,614 Views)

For those stumbling onto this thread like I did. One thing to try which has worked for me is to clear the object cache.

Go to: Tools>Advanced>Clear Compiled Object Cache

Reload the LabVIEW project and do a new build.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
Message 15 of 18
(2,406 Views)

Hi,

I just ran into error 2208 and error 102208 in executable (Labview 2013). I managed to get rid of those - very vague - error codes by doing the following:

- Keeping the name of libraries, classes and methods as short as possible (seems to solve error 102208)

- Checking if there are any VI incorreclty claimed by a library (right click on project). Once the VI are identified, I remove the Vi from the library and then put it back in.

- Clear the object cache as Michael suggested.

- Recompile all the VIs (CTRL+SHIFT while clicking on the run arrow).

It's not clear what action solved the 2208 error code, though.

Just thought I would share that with the forum.

Regards,

peper

Message 16 of 18
(2,379 Views)

Hi!

Have a similar problem as described here. Have tried to follow the suggestions given, but can't get it to work anyway.

Have wrote a program using Window Framework to use dialog boxes and GUI's presented to the user. It is working fine in the LabView development environment but can't build a working exe file. Getting the error message 423A8 and 2208, anyone who has any idea the reason and any suggestion how to solve it? Using Labview 2013

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,216 Views)

Hi,

I did not mention in my previous post that I also converted a few libraries to packed libraries to get rid of error 2208. It makes working on the code a bit harder though.

Keeping the names of VI, classes, librairies,... as small as possible seems to help too.

Eventually, I've just ditched Labview 2013 and upgraded to Labview 2015. The executable building process seems way smoother with the latter.

Good luck

peper

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,214 Views)