cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147220995 occurred at Unknown

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use the gamry echem toolkit, specifically a modified IV Array VI, to measure current over 5 cycles at a specific voltage. This process then repeats a certain number of iterations, each time stepping the voltage up by increments of 0.1 volts. After every iteration, the last of the 5 points measured is saved in another graph in the hopes of generating an IV curve over a specific range of voltages. However, whenever I run the program, one of the following error messages usually appears, always at the end of a loop when I close the reference to the potentiostat at the end of a loop iteration but not always at the end of the same iteration.

Error -2147220995 occurred at Unknown

Error -536870863 occured at exception

both of these errors are unknown so I'm not sure what to change. The confusing part is that the errors don't always occur and when they do its not always at the same point in the program. For example, sometimes it will run thtouigh several iterations with no problem and other times it will show an error during the first one. I'm using version 8.5 and have attached the modified VI as well as the original IV array VI that was included in the software.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Kai

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,826 Views)

Also, we have tried this several times after restarting the computer and the program to no effect.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UNCKai

Have you tried contacting the developer for the toolkit?  It looks like some sort of exception being thrown inside of their Automation Object.  Usually this sort of stuff happens by passing in the wrong type of parameter or sending in something out of bounds.

Have you tried probing the error cluster to try and isolate which call is throwing the exception?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,808 Views)