LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -201250

Hello,

I used a cDAQ9188 chassi connected to the computer with LAN Link.

For a reason that I don't understand, I usuly have the error -201250.

Why this error appear and what may  I do to fix the problem ?

For the moment I have change the Timeout value from 10 s to 20 s when I used DAQMX Read / Write function, but nothing change.

I have also check the Ethernet Cable...

Thanks for reply.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,751 Views)

Is there anything else on the network?  Does this happen at the start of your program or after some amount of time?  Do you have firewalls disabled?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,749 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, the network is composed of a Ethernet Switch where  a Power Supply is connected and the nationnal Instruments Chassi.

I don't know what are the setting of the firewall, but  I can disable it ...

My instruments work fine from September 2015 to febrary 2016. I don't understand why the problem after...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,741 Views)

@__KB__ wrote:

My instruments work fine from September 2015 to febrary 2016. I don't understand why the problem after...

Did you install a driver update (or any other update for that matter)?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,738 Views)

No I haven't do any driver update.

I have only add to my system a USB to RS232 cable converter.

I have also observe that sometimes my Keyboard is too Slow. I don't know if there is a link between the keyboard slow and the timeout of the instruments...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,732 Views)

That sounds like something is using up resources.  Have you looked at the Task Manager?

If I had to take a wild guess, you recently added code to handle your serial port and you probably have a "greedy loop" that is using up all of your CPU.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,726 Views)

I haven't add a new While loop for RS232 exchange. But it is right that I have change the port to use the new RS232 cable...

I will check the computer Ressources, and maybe try to find another USB to RS232 cable.

Maybe I will try to find on Windows how to modify  the execution level....

I have five equipment using USB : 1 Keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 USB to 8 ports RS232 HUB, 1 USB to RS232 and 1 USB Key...

=> I don't knows if Windows 7 managed fine all theses USB devices and could generate problems with my instrumentations... 😞

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,712 Views)

Does the chassis pass the Self Test?

What is the network configuration of the device?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,705 Views)

Yes the device pass the self test, expect when timeout connection appear of course. In this case I have to re-init all my instruments.

I haven't modify the Networks setting. I have keep from the begining the default networks setting : It is a dynamic IP Adresse I remeber...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,701 Views)

Changing it to static might help. It's a long shot, but please try it if you can.

There is also a very easy to use network monitoring tool provided by Microsoft called TCPView. You can use it to check if it shows any issues while the error is appearing.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,684 Views)