LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200561

Hello,

I am currently running a system that takes a 1V ampl, 1kHz sine wave from a function generator. I want that signal to be read by my DAQ (usb-6008) and then outputted to an external oscilloscope. However, I keep getting error 200561. The analog output range for my DAQ is 0-5V, so I applied a 3V offset so the entirety of the sine wave stays positive. I keep getting the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(709 Views)

Why loop it through the DAQ, why not just tap a signal directly to the oscilloscope?

Anyway, your error is saying that your AI measured a negative voltage and AO cannot source a negative voltage.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(701 Views)

The data you send to DAQmx Write is the raw AI data *before* you add the 3V offset.

The data you send to the waveform chart is *after* the offset.  This is where you need to branch the wire to send the post-offset value to DAQmx Write.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(700 Views)