LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200462 Output buffer is empty

Anytime I try to run an analog output inside a while loop Im getting this error. This is the most stripped down version of what Im trying to run, what can I do to avoid this errorPicture1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(565 Views)

Your code starts before writing.  The error message suggests that you write before starting.  (Note: you can still write new data after starting, you just need to write *some* data there before starting so the AO has something to generate when it starts.)

Once you fix this, you'll probably also run into a problem on the 2nd iteration for trying to start a task after it's already running.

The first write and the start should happen before the loop.  Inside the loop, you can write new data if you like, otherwise the original data will just keep repeating.  You should also stop the task after the loop ends.   Have a look at the shipping examples for continuous analog output.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(559 Views)