From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 20023

Hello
I face the probelm error 20023 and I try to use "Build Waveform function" to add the time for filter but the wire of waveform still fail. Now I dont know how to fix it.

Could anyone please help me solve it ? 
VI is attached

Thank you in advance.

Nachatcharin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,312 Views)

plz try to backsave to <=2016 .. for the poor people not running 2017, 2014 would be good

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,304 Views)

Oh sorry sir, I attached older version in this reply
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,297 Views)

Hi bettetta,

I try to use "Build Waveform function" to add the time for filter but the wire of waveform still fail. Now I dont know how to fix it.

Maybe you should fix it by wiring the correct connectors using the needed datatypes?

Right now you try to wire a scalar DBL to the waveform input of BuildWaveform. Why?

Why do you use "devPositionY" for your waveform?

What will be the Y array of your waveform?

Where should your dt come from?

Please provide more information about your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,293 Views)

mpf6.png

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,280 Views)

Sorry for that, I just read from other topic which suggest to use waveform but I dont know how to use it.
Any way my original file is this (attached) I want to make the chart more smoother (see in Pic 1) then I think I should use the lowpass filter.

PS. The only important data is devPositionY (the measurement of distance of my UWB sensor) and other data from the unbundle is not necessary to plot the chart.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,260 Views)

Hi bettetta,

why do you think you need to use waveforms and ExpressVIs for this:

check.png

Adjust the length of that "running average" according to your requirements…

(Why don't you connect the "Output" indicator directly to your DAQ VI? Why don't you use UnbundleByName?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 9
(5,254 Views)

Hi GerdW,
Oh I forgot that I should use UnbundleByName, thank you so much.
Anyway can I use lowpass filter instead of Mean PtBypt ? (I just want to know but for Mean PtBypt is work for me thankyou again)

Best

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,228 Views)

@bettetta wrote:

Anyway can I use lowpass filter instead of Mean PtBypt ?

Since you are getting 1 point at a time, you should use one of the items in the Filter PtByPt palette if you prefer using a filter instead of the moving average.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 9
(5,222 Views)