From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200220: Device unspecified

Hi,

I'm using a combination of computers to develop an AO sig gen. One is the development PC on which I'm using MAX to simulate my AO card, NI-PXI6723. The other is a laptop deployment PC on which I install my program to control this card. The PXI card is mounted in a PXI chassis and plugs into the laptop via a PXI Starfabric control card and a PCI card on the computer. The idea being this would be a transparent connection allowing the application to see the PXI cards.

I used MAX to simulate the PXI card and came across a number of problems when I deployed the software onto the laptop. The most pressing of which is the fact that I get Error 200220 when I run the program. It doesn't see the cards. Even though MAX on the laptop detects the cards. How do I get max to simulate this scenario better? What went wrong? How do I get my application to see the cards? Finally, If I have muliple cards how do ensure (using the development pc) that I can output the correct task to the correct card?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,137 Views)
Hi phuech,

The error you are getting is: Device Identifier Invalid. Most probably the card you simulated is a different device number than the one in the PXI chassis. The easiest way to remedy this would be to change either your channel constants or controls to point towards the card in the PXI system.

Regards

Jon B
Application Engineer
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,128 Views)