LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2: Failure to perform LabVIEW license activation

I bought and downloaded LabVIEW student edition. When i downloaded it, it all went fine. Then when i got to the page to put in a serial #, i put the one that the download gave me, and a message popped up saying, "Error 2: Failure to perform LabVIEW License Activation" So, i tried to look up the problem and it said to disable my firewall and restart my computer and try to download again from scratch. When i did all of that, it still had the same problem and the same message. I dont know what to do...

P.S. - I called the company that i bought the product from and they told me to call National Instruments and i did, the lady that answered was very rude and told me its not their problem, call the other company back. When i did, they said they were going to call NI. They called me back and told me to go to this site and post my question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,675 Views)

That is really strange if y ou called and some lady told you it wasn't her problem.  If you got her name, you should contact customer service.

As a matter of fact, you should contact your local customer representative.  Tell them you may become a long term client and wish to be treated that way..

If you cannot automatically activate the software over the internet and have tried several times, then calling in may be the only way.  There are insatnces when you get the error message, but it still activates the software.  Did you re-start LabVIEW to see if it is now activated?  Did you try multiple times?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,671 Views)

i did try many times and no icon was downloaded on my desktop. When i find the program in my computer, i open the file and get sent straight back to the activation page. There, i tried to activate again and no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,647 Views)

When you bought it, it came with a serial number, right?

You should be able to call your local sales rep and find out what that serial number activates.

I think you might be able to do it online.  I seem to recall that somewhere you could do an upgrade and you could enter your existing serial number and it would tell you what it would activate. 

When you try to activate, what is the message that you get?  It should offer you a selection to activate over the phone.  Have you tried that selection?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,627 Views)

Hi krose7147,

I'm sorry to see you're having problems activating LabVIEW. Take a look in your private message inbox (the little envelope in the top right corner of the page).

Andy H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,620 Views)

Hi. I also had issues with "Error 2: license .. etc" during install - I resolved it by disabling User Account Control on my OC (Vista). Even though I had run the installer as Administrator it had issues. But after uninstalling, disabling UAC, then re-installing, I got it up and running.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,012 Views)

I'm having the same issue. Can somebody tell me how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,933 Views)

Hi Fruitpanda,

Sorry to hear you've had problems with the activation.

Try using NI's online activation site found here:

http://delta.ni.com/nilg/jsp/customer_activate_initial.jsp

If that does not work then call: 866-ASK-MYNI

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,904 Views)

Hi,

I've got the same issue. But I had installed LabVIEW with this licence key before on my another PC, and it worked well. On this computer, where I'm trying to re-install LV now, I had installed it before with this licence key and there weren't any problems. I' ve un-installed LV and cleaned registry, but the error is still occuring during installation. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,711 Views)
Did you deactivate the license on the other pc before uninstalling LabVIEW? What about the current computer?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,692 Views)