LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1950678991 saving LV8.2 library of shared variables

I used to be able to programmatically save my library of shared variables using "ProcessToLib.vi" (set to Process mode) after changing properties of some or all variables.  Now, and I don't know what has changed, I get this error:

Error -1950678991 occurred at property node (arg 1) in NI_Variable.lvlib: SetRawCluster.vi -> PRC_SVsToLib.vi -> PRC_DumpProcess.vi -> ProcessToLib.vi.

The explanation suggests that an Engineering Full Scale is the same as an Engineering Zero Scale value, but I have checked all variables that use scaling (not all do) and I can't find any such fault.  Since these low-level VIs have protected diagrams, I can't trace the source of the error.  I have tried the same thing on other libraries and they work fine. 

I have attached my library for anyone to verify or duplicate the problem and maybe find out what is causing this error.

I have recently installed the DSC patch, but this should not be related to the problem.

Thanks,

Mike
UK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,972 Views)
Hi Mike,

I think something has become corrupted in your library. When getting the names of all the shared programatically I get multiple entries for a couple of the X-GPS variables. I deleted all the X-GPS variables and WS-116 and it saves fine. I think you might need to delete and recreate these variables.

Regards

Jon B
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,960 Views)

Thanks Jon, problem solved.

Turns out I was setting the Engineering Min and Max to zero for some unused variables using property nodes, which caused a problem with saving the library.  Because the changes to the properties were not made permanent, I could not see the problem by examining the variables.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,940 Views)