From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1722 when installing Run-Time Engine 6.0

I am unable to install the necessary LabView Run-Time Engine 6.0 required to run my VitalView Software.  I have reviewed the message boards and attempted all possible solutions: disabling anti-virus programs, following the NI support links: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/334E91287EDEA75286256D9B003A947A?OpenDocument.

None of these methods will allow for the Run-Time engine to be installed.  What can I do?

Help very much appreciated, thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,980 Views)

And what is your OS ? Windows 98 / XP / Vista / 7 / Linux ? 32 / 64 bit ?

Just remember that 6.0 is a very old version of LabVIEW.

And what does error 1772 say ?

Take a picture and paste it here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,976 Views)

My OS is Windows XP.  

I am trying to install an older LabView run-time engine since my application VitalView asks for a LabView 6.0 Run-time engine (or something compatible). 

I have attached the jpg of the error message that I receive whenever I attempt to install the LabView engine.  

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,962 Views)

Do you have other versions of the run-time engine installed ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,956 Views)

Thanks for the tip!  I went back and uninstalled any previously downloaded files from National Instruments and the installation for the Run-Time engine 6.0 went off without a hitch!

Thanks again for providing a simple solution to my headache!

Gracias! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,949 Views)

If you want to have multiple Run time engines on the same PC, you need to install them in the right order. 

Start with the oldest engine.

I'm glad to hear that you solved your problem.

Please mark the post that solved your problem as solution, so that others can see that the problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,929 Views)