LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1445 when getting control references

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use the vi located here in my own vi written in LabVIEW 2013. I'm receiving error 1445 as reported here. Do I really need to use a fixed string to make this work? Is there a different method. Some of my controls are clusters and I do plan at some point to use a tab to seperate the user entered data from the test data. The reason I want the control references is to obtain the control names and values so I can apend them to an Excel report. 

Any help appreciated.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,709 Views)

Well, as is so often the case, when you are having a problem with software that should behave, but doesn't, you should attach the software (the VI that is failing, the actual VI, not a "picture" of it) so that we can (a) see exactly what you are doing, (b) see the Error Message for ourselves, (c) try to "tweak" the code to better understand why there is a Error (often "instructive"), and (d) program a "Fix".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GovBob

Problem with Get Control References.vi - they convert caller vi name into path. If it is a path, Open vi reference.vi loads (tries to load) file from disc. Since path is relative, caller has to be next to Get Control References.vi. If you remove path to string before Open vi reference, it loads vi from memory, not from path.

Modified Get Control References.vi attached.

Message 3 of 4
(3,663 Views)

Thanks for your help Alexander. I will try your solution out tomorrow. I was just trying out a solution that I found on LAVA that seems to be working. I had a hint that the problem was related to path/string when I was trying to make an example to post. Bob... my computer is air-gapped so making examples takes some effort...I did try and got the original vi to work because I pulled it out of the project. I appreciate you folks time.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,655 Views)