LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1379: User failed a security authentication check

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using VI Server to communicate between two different LabVIEW-built executables.  The communication is always done locally on the same machine.  The 2 executables will always be on the same machine.  

It works great.  Until I connect the machine to a new network.  For example, if I bring my laptop home (while its running/sleeping) and connect it to my home Wifi, it subsequently throws this error in Open Application Reference:

Error 1379:  The user failed a security authentication check

I have seen others recommend changing the network card priority.  That is a bad solution for me, because I have many customers using the system and I can't force them to mess with their network settings. One solution is to simply reboot the computer, though.  After a reboot, the error goes away.  But do I really need to force my customers to reboot their computer every time they switch Wifi networks?  Any better solutions out there?

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author josborne

Hello, I work at home and I work in the office. I always have to reboot my computer between location changes due to the way the computer connects to the different networks. The customers most likely will operate on one network. The customers most likely won't have the issues associated with changing networks. If the customer upgrades their network, one machine reboot does not seem like a huge ask.

If restarting the computer is taking a long time, perhaps you can switch to an NVMe drive instead of a hard drive?

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,003 Views)

Hi Drewski.  I think you are right.  This is probably one of the problems that I don't need to solve.  If the customer changes network, then they need to reboot.  I think the customer can live with that.    

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(996 Views)