LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1322 when un-installing Labview

When I downloaded the file "llbedit" to fix the library manager in LabView Professional 6.0 and tried to open the file, there were a bunch of files that the program was trying to find but could not. Subsequently, there were a number of features that did not work in LabView (Professional version 6.0). When trying to Re-install or Uninstall LabView I get the message "error 1322. A portion of the folder path " exceeds the length allowed by system." Do you haveny suggestions to either fixing the original problem or to uninstalling it properly?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,304 Views)
Hello,

This is a known problem that occurs only in rare cases. I have attached the workaround to this post. The workaround contains two files--killlv.bat and MsiZap.exe. In order to get the program to work correctly you need to modify the bat file so the path inside the batch file points to wherever you detach the MsiZap.exe program. Simply running the MsiZap.exe won't work. After you have modified the batch file, run it. After it is complete, you should be able to uninstall LabVIEW 6.0 and start over.

I apologize for the incovenience. Please let me know if you have any other problems. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Darren Nattinger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
Message 2 of 7
(4,304 Views)
Hello,

I have experienced the same problem trying to unistall labview (Error 1322) and I have tried your workaround files, but every time I run the batch file it says 'Bad command or file name'
I have saved both files to the c:\ drive and replaced the line in the batch file "\\nirvana\lvpublic\lv60\Alphas and Betas\rc3-installer-windows\msizap.exe"
with "c:\msizap.exe"
and it still tells me that there is a 'Bad command or file name"
Any ideas what I am doing wrong??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,304 Views)
Just rename msizap to msizap.exe and it might work...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,304 Views)
Yes It worked, Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,304 Views)
Darren,

I have Labview 6.0 running on two kits (Win NT). One kit runs without any problems. On the other kit I had to reload all of the NI software. LV6.0 is not running correctly, so I tried to remove and load it again. All I get is the 1322 error message. I unloaded all of the NI software, but I can't remove NI IMAQ and LV 6.0.
I tried the killv.bat, but all it tells me is that I should remove LV 6.0, and press a button to continue. When I do that, the killv.bat programme just stops.
Can you put the original on the discussion page again, or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,304 Views)
I tried the killv.bat and msizap.exe and it fixed my 1322 error. I could not install Labview6i initially. One thing to note, make sure that when you run the killv.bat with the updated path to the msizap.exe that you see the register keys getting deleted on the screen. Otherwise the path is wrong. There is no error checking in the batch file.
Message 4 of 7
(4,304 Views)