LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172

Hi

I have 4 Rotronic HF53 with Hygroclip 2 probes connected via USB, along with a Vaisala PTB110 and 3 Brooks MFC's via PCI cards. The VI is built to control the MFC's and log Temperatue, Humidity from all HF53's, along with the pressure and voltages from the four other components.

The intention is to have it run sometimes for days, which is where my issue arises. The longest it has been able to run is for a little more than 3 hours. Then one of the subVI's assigned to the HF53's returns: Error 1172 occurred at Error calling methodRo3xdrv.Hygroclip.Hygroclip.Read, (System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception: Ro3xdrv.ReadDataException: COMPORT_ERROR)

Sometimes it happens after a couple of minutes sometimes after a couple of hours, and varies which of the four gives the error. The subVI is a slight modification of a VI i received from Rotronic.

As is visible from the subVI i tried to ignore the error, as the VI continues to run if i press the continue buttons, this was without success.

The error seems to be happening in the marked location.

Im assuming it is a .NET error, and wanted to build a VI that doesn't use the .NET features, but according to NI MAX my HF53's aren't there.

Attached is the subVI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,681 Views)

Try to put the DeviceMeasurement constructor outside the loop where you create the Hygroclip reference or delete the reference after the read within the loop before you create a new one.

Why is there a coercion dot when you pass the reference to the Hygroclip DeviceData?

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,598 Views)

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I will try letting it run with the constructor node outside the loop.

As for the coercion dot, i have no idea why it is there. I will try contacting Rotronic about it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,554 Views)

Hey Aerosoladept

I know this i quite a long shot four years later but did you find a solution? I am running into exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,242 Views)