LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172 while sending attachment to database

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a VI in which I want to send an attachement (text file) to data base in Access 2010. I found the following solution:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12108

which I’ve tried to use in the software. Now, when I try to attach the same file sometimes it is successful, but sometimes when subVI is called, program does not work properly.  

I have a problem with a constructor node, (Microsoft.Office.interop.access.dao.dll). The problem is, that sometimes when the assembly is called, I get an Error 1172 which says:

Constructor Node Error creating instance of DBEngineClass in assembly Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao.DBEngineClass, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c, (System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Creating model component instance COM ID: CLSID {CD7791B9-43FD-42C5-AE42-8DD2811F0419} from element  IClassFactory failed due to error: 80010105 Server caused exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)).) <append><b>System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException</b> in fileup_access07_82.vi

When I restart then program it sometimes works properly again, and I may attach file few times, but after some time an error occurs once more.

Attached is the updatedb.VI , I am using.  I'm working in LV2014, Windows 8.1 64 bit.  

Do you have any ideas what is going on with this software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,366 Views)

Hello wkot,

I have checked your VI and saw that it is almost identicat to the example, trivial problems were not found. I have multiple reasons to beleive that it is an interop driver or Server issue, rather than LabVIEW coding error:

1) There are cases when the program actually runs as expected.

2) Error message says: Server caused exception

3) When I searched for the "error: 80010105 Server caused exception" or (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT) msdn and stackoverflow hits are common.

4) I did not find anything related in the internal database.

I would advise connecting Microsoft Access forums.

Best regards,

András Bükkfejes

National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(3,324 Views)

Ok, I'll try.Thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,303 Views)
You should also consider using the ADO based drivers. They are more stable and easy to use.

Mike....

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,290 Views)