LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1130 Call by Reference node Workaround needed

I have an app that runs a measurement driver as windows service (Win 2000) as described in
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3185
The driver has a functionality, that it is set to a wait for data state. The time until the data is aquired, is undefined (may last for days). This has to be in the same VI that returns the data, so I have a VI that will finish execution and return the data after an undefined time.
The problem is, that the ping of the VI Client is not responded when in that wait state, so I get an error 1130 at Call by Reference Node: The VI Server connection peer is unresponsive.
I already increased the ping timeout, but as I said, the timeout is undefined, so that is no real solution. Is it possible to disable the ping or keep the Server responsive?

Any ideas?

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,841 Views)
Hi Mr. Schubert,

Have a look into this link this may solve your problem with the time. Set the PingDelay to -1 as written in this knowledgebase. You can get more Information about connection info methode here.

If you have any other questions regarding this problem feel free to post them in this forum.

Regards
TomBaum
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,815 Views)
Thanx, I didn't  realize that I can use -1, because it wasn't said so in the help file.

Felix
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,807 Views)
Hi Mr. Schubert.

I am a technical writer with the LabVIEW documentation team. So that I can assess and update the help file mentioned in this post, would you mind emailing me offline to let me know how you were accessing the LabVIEW Help and which version of LabVIEW you were using?

I'd like to fix this issue so that others don't run into the same problem.

Sincerely,
April Brinkmeyer
LabVIEW Documentation
Message 4 of 4
(2,793 Views)