LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1097 when calling dll

I'm using more than 20 functions from a .dll code to Labview and have in some of then the 1097 error.

Error 1097 occurred at Call Library Function Node

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An exception occurred within the external code called by a Call Library Function Node. The exception might have corrupted the LabVIEW memory. Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW.

I have read a lot about this error and I still didn't find a solution.

Thinking that could be a problem on the configuration of the VI, I imported it again and this solved the problem in the first VI. I did the same with the second one with an error but this time didn't solve.

The weird is that this VI with the error (intRun):

_API void intRun_ ( int* run_ , int* devList_ ,int* numDev_, char* retval )

it is exactly the same as another (anaRun) and this I don't have the error:

_API void anaRun_ ( int* run_ , int* devList_ ,int* numDev_, char* retval )

Inside the C code they look like the same (but each function will run a  different device) and the configuration in Labview is also the same.

Is that possible that I have any problem with my device? Or could be really a problem with the .dll or with the VI?

I read something about wrappers but really I don't understand why I have the error with one VI and don't have with the other (running together) and how (or if) the wrapper could solve my problem.

Please give me any idea what I could try.

For example, I tried to disconect the input numDev (that is a constant, always 1) and then I don't have the error. Why?

Best Regards,

Thais

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,134 Views)

Can you attach your VIs, showing how the call library function node is configured, the header (.h) file for the DLL, and if possible the C code for the functions that return an error?  That would help us provide useful suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,127 Views)

Hi,

Can you tell me your LV Version?

Maybe this link can help you:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D84C9775ABD921CF8625772A005CA50C?OpenDocument

Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,094 Views)

Thank you for reply.

I'm using LV09.
Actually I figured out that before this VI that I have the error the device is not working as should be .
When running the program step by step I realized that what I was expecting to happen (locking ports before initialization) didn't happen.
So it is probably a bad configuration of the other VIs that I have (there is no Error but returns me an Bad Argument in the return_output);
I will try to solve it and then I tell here if it was really that.

Thak you all.
Thais

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,089 Views)