cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1097 in CANOpen Library

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am running an XNET card as a CAN card and I'm communicating with a motor using the CANOpen library. My understanding from a few years ago is that NI technically don't support the CANOpen library with Xnet as one function (heartbeat as far as I recall) isn't compatible.

My issue is I'm running three identical motors from three different PCs using identical code. Two of the rigs are rock solid but the third intermittently (i.e. about very 20 minutes or so of operation) will throw an Error 1097 and LabVIEW will crash and have to be restarted.

The image attach is the block diagram of the vi - as its NI code I can't actually edit or modify it (or even connect the error wires which I'm sure would perhaps prevent a complete crash). I've seen multiple Error 1097's mentioned and the solution seems to be to fix the dll caller - something I can't seem to do here.

Vi.png

Has anyone come across a problem with this particular library before? My instinct is to do a complete clean and reinstall of the troublesome rig but I'd like to keep this as a last resort.

Thank you,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,910 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DeltaJ

Hi,

Error 1097 is almost always an error in configuring the Call Library Node right. So I am afraid the error has nothing to do with CANopen Library. The reason that it sometimes works and other times not, is in fact that it never really works, but sometimes the error that gets caused can not be detected by the OS and LabVIEW does not get an according exception. This can change depending on LabVIEW version, runtime or development system and even recompilation of the code after small seemingly unrelated changes to the application.

NI CANopen LabVIEW Library was end of live already. NI recommends the PXI-8531 or NI-9881, and NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,866 Views)

Thank you for the advise - I didn't realise NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen was released (I just upgraded some legacy code a few years ago). I'll take a look and see if it can fix my problems.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,851 Views)