LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074397150 occurred at IMAQ Snap.vi

Hi.
(Sorry if my English is wrong 🙂 )
I want to snap a picture - from a camera that was designed in my lab - and save it in a BMP file.
I use the "IMAQ PCI-1428" to accomplish this task and the "HL snap&save to BMP.vi".
But, as I try to run the VI I'm getting this error - "Error -1074397150 occurred at IMAQ Snap.vi", afterward I'm getting
another massage - "ERROR(DMA Timeout): The system is unable to capture all of the incoming video data....".

What should I do, to resolve this problem?

ThanX.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,103 Views)

Hi elbit,

Here is a link to Error Codes with NI-IMAQ.  You error is addressed there and that information may be helpful to you.

I noticed you were using the PCI-1428 framegrabber card.  This card supports Camera Link cameras.  In order to tell the PCI-1428 how to communicate with the camera, the NI-IMAQ driver uses a camera file that contains camera specific information for configuration.  You will need to have a properly configured camera file for you camera that you have created.

NI has a large number of camera files that are created and certified to support popular industrial grade cameras.  In cases where a custom camera file is needed, NI provides the NI-Camera File Generator as a utility for camera file creation.  Keep in mind that custom camera files are not supported by National Instruments Applications Engineers.

Good luck with your camera design.  Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Luke H

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,086 Views)