From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error- 1073807360 occurred at Property Node

Solved!
Go to solution

16rasmuaut_0-1584040324100.png

I am trying to create a VI which reads high or low with each loop in order to trigger a camera (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3202) to take a picture. After using the MakerHub>>LINX>>LINX Firmware Wizard for Arduino Uno and correct COM port, it indicates everything is connected properly.  However, when I run the VI, it indicates Error- 1073807360 occurred at property note. I conclude that the Serial port is not initializing. 

I have NI VISA installed and from there installed VIPM. From VIPM I installed LINX which is what I am using in this VI so LabVIEW can communicate with the Arduino. 

On another post I saw a possible solution about explicitly opening all VISA references, but I am a bit confused as to what that does as I have gotten it to work without that function (VISA Open Function) before.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 16rasmuaut

Sometimes this can happen if another program (such as NI-MAX using test panels or a 3rd party program, not another VI) has reserved the COM port for its own use.

This can even occur if the other program is now closed, because it might not have released its reservation.

Do you get this error even if you reboot the PC and run this program right afterwards?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,956 Views)

I rebooted my PC and the problem went away on the 2nd try. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,934 Views)