LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA

Thanks John,
There were several points which I repaired according to your advise. The catch in the hole issue, and maybe a learning for next time, is that I used at the end sequence out of the state machine two Vis that should close the VI sessions. The catch was with the HP ESD CLOSE.vi, I replaced it with a normal ViClose, the other one is closed just fine. That did not bring me my VISA failure back!!

Now tell me what is the difference between a instrument STOP.vi which is a certified Instrument Driver and a VISAClose.vi from the Visa Tools palette?

Thanks
Yariv
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(489 Views)
Hi Yariv,

If you look into the Close VI that is part of the instrument driver in the program you attached, it has an IVI Delete Session VI. This VI is created when an IVI driver is converted from CVI code to LabVIEW code. I have not seen an issue where this VI does not appropriately close out the resource, so I do not know why the issue disappears when you replace this with a VISA close. We are planning on seeing if we can recreate this here, but I am glad you have found a way to eliminate the error. Have a great day!

john
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(473 Views)