LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to continuously run the program which will alter the voltage on the TTi PL303-P bu i get this error every time, if i click continue when the error pops up the program runs and it changes the voltage. Is there anyway to get rid of this error so it can work seamlessly? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,982 Views)

Apparently, you try to configure something, which can't be configured on your RS232-device.

Try this: 

configSerial > right click > replace with subViContent > clean up > first dont configure anything and configure step by step more and more attributes until it fails.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackF21

Start by rearchitecting your code.  DO NOT USE THE CONTIUOUS RUN!!!  That is for debug purposes, not for running your code.  Use a loop with an Event Structure so you can react to value changes and control your supply that way.  Initialize your port before this loop and close it when you stop the loop.

It looks like your device uses the termination character, so you can actually get rid of those waits.  Just tell the VISA Read to read more bytes than you ever expect.  The read will stop when the termination character (defaults to a Line Feed) is read.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(4,954 Views)

Could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail in relation to the event structure and initializing the port, i haven't got a lot of knowledge in LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,948 Views)

And with that, I am just going to point you to some training:

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,938 Views)