From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807246 with VISA (Arduino - Labview)

Hi, i spent a lot of time trying to solve that error. I'm trying to communicate Labview - Arduino with the example Simple Serial.vi to see that everything works correctly. If i don't open the Serial Monitor in Arduino, the communication works well, but when i open it (closing the .vi and restarting all before run .vi), Labview gives me error 1073807246 and i don't see any data in the Serial Monitor(i don't receive it either).

I've tried everything, reinstall NI VISA, put Close VI to make sure there is no more than 1 connection at the same time...

Hope someone can help me, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,717 Views)

I think you can't use the serial monitor and the VI at the same time, if the serial port is occupied by one program, it cannot be opened by another program.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,704 Views)

Hey Dave, thank you for the quick reply.

I can use the Serial Monitor from Arduino and the VI running, when i'm using Arduino-Labview, I always use this method to know how Arduino read the strings of Labview. It's the first time that i have this problem...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,667 Views)

hallo Aleix even i feel like dave is correct but as you said it works for you i will look into it again .in the mean time i would suggest you to close the communication and start again if still its not working try re connecting the arduino

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,617 Views)

Hi, yes i tried to close the communication and reconnecting Arduino but still didn't work... I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,604 Views)

hello alexi i have tried what you said yesterday and i have to say dave is right . You cant open serial monitor and also communicate with labview unless you are using an arduino with more than one com port . which arduino are you using is it uno or lenaord or nano...?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,584 Views)

It's Arduino Mega 2560.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,570 Views)