LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - 1073807202 occurred at VISA Open in visa write read buffer.vi

Hello,

I write very basic program in labVIEW and use NI-DAQmx Simulated Device since (driver) I do not have a real NI-DAQmx one. This program is reading the message from PC buffer, send it to device, then finally read the response from the instrument. This instrument is the Agilent 34411A digital multimeter for labVIEW Core 1. The program does not run and shows a message as below:

Error - 1073807202 occurred at VISA Open in visa write read buffer.vi

Possible reason(s):

labVIEW: (HEX 0xBFFF009E) VISA or a code library

required by VISA could not be located or loaded. This usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system.

I also have the attachment in this post as well.

Thanks,

Jonathan Tran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,210 Views)

Have you tried fixing what the error code is telling you is wrong? Here's a helpful resource I found when googling your error code.

The short answer: Install NI VISA for your version of LabVIEW.

P.S. You can attach images to your post, so you don't need the huge middleman, Microsoft Word, to show us a screenshot. If you think the problem is with your code (probably not), then it's also best to attach your VIs.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,204 Views)
DAQmx had nothing to do with a 34401 and if you are simulating a source, it is impossible to send it to a real instrument. Once you fix the fact that you did not install VISA, it sounds like your code won't work anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,184 Views)

Hello James,

Thank for your helps.

It sounds like that I need NI-VISA to install since I do not see NI-VISA in my system. How does NI-VISA communicate with hardware (the Agilent 34411A digital multimeter simulated device (not a real hardware) in this case?. In MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer), do I need to add this simulated device under the "Devices and Interface"?.

Thanks a bunch,

Jonathan Tran 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,155 Views)
You can't add it as a simulated device like a DAQ device. You can use an IVI driver which does support simulation. That's completely different than the code you are now using. Check Ivifoundation.org for details. All IVI drivers and simulation options are configured in MAX. You will also need the IVI Compliance Package installed.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,139 Views)

Hello James,

After I installed NI-VISA (ver. 15.0.1), I am able to write a message (MEAS:AC?) to a PC buffer, send it to device, then finally read the reponse from the device.

My device in this case is the Agilent 34411A Multimeter.

Does anyone know why we have to enter MEAS:AC for the special device? How does NI-VISA know this device during communication?.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,075 Views)

How else is the device going to know to send the measurement? Serial communication is up to the device in terms of commands and responses.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,070 Views)

James,

Thanks for your responding.

As your lastest previous email, I just want to clarfying more details in this case. If I type any commands that does not belong to my device (Agilent 34411A Digital Multimeter), I should recieve no messages from the respone of this device. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please show me how to get the terms of commands for the Agilent 34411A Digital Multimeter.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,043 Views)

@jotran00 wrote:

As your lastest previous email, I just want to clarfying more details in this case. If I type any commands that does not belong to my device (Agilent 34411A Digital Multimeter), I should recieve no messages from the respone of this device. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe, or maybe it sends you an error code that you sent it an unrecognised command. See below for clarification.

@jotran00 wrote:

Please show me how to get the terms of commands for the Agilent 34411A Digital Multimeter.

Read the manual from Agilent. Or use the LabVIEW IVI driver from the device network.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,040 Views)

Thanks so much.

Jonathan Tran

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,028 Views)