From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1000 occurred at invoke node when clicking button to open subVI

Hello,

I have read about this error 1000 from ni.com. It means the "VI is not in a state compatible with this operation" due to the invoke node run VI. It says to correct this error, the target VI (gui.vi subVI) has to be ensured idle or reentrant. So what I did was, I changed the subvi (gui.vi) VI properties -> execution -> preallocated clone reentrance execution checked. 

Then I tried running the VI and click the button to open subVI, it can be opened WITHOUT ERROR 1000..but none of the buttons in the subVI is functioning.

What I am trying to achieve here is to

run the main.vi, jump to subvi (gui.vi) and when I am done with the subVI, I want to go back to home to the main.vi. 

but instead, I have encountered this error.. --'

Please, someone can solve my issue? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,130 Views)

It runs pretty fine on my computer, I can load the subVI and use it.

What so you do exactly to reproduce that problem ?

I can see that you sent a subVI called gui.vi and that you should use VIs called EEG.vi and EMG.vi. Any chance you do something in those VIs that would cause the error ? Can you share them ?

Maybe you will have some info here :

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8c9SAC

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Kr2SAE

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,116 Views)

Please learn LabVIEW.  Learn how Event Loops work (hint -- they never need a Wait function).  Learn simple ways to call a sub-VI before playing with advanced methods like VI Server.

A good idea is to use Pencil and Paper to write a brief description of what you want to do.  Describe what Controls you have, and what you want them to do.  I'm guessing that you are not trying to run parallel processes (but I could be wrong ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,090 Views)

I did not do anything other than what I mentioned in the question. I just got an error 1000 after I clicked the button OK in the main.VI. My issue is the subVi is not loading instead the error 1000 dialogue appeared.

oh yeah, about that for the purpose of posting it here I only changed the name from EMGgui.vi to gui.vi, thats all. So hmmm how did it run pretty fine on your computer? did u you change the path name before run? (since i changed the name of the subVI). Can you also click the button HOME in the subVI and go back to main.vi?

I already shared everything that I got. I was just changing the name of the vi for posting it here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,067 Views)

I did try the simple way to call the subVI. This advanced method I am learning and following is from the Youtube Tutorial, the tutorial was working perfectly but when I tried implementing them it appeared the error 1000.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,066 Views)

Did you look up what Error 1000 means?  "The VI is not in a state compatible with this operation."  Great, so what does that mean?

This is one of the flaws of Learning by YouTube -- there is no feedback, and the Ignorant (i.e. the Students who don't know what they don't know) are writing the Lesson Plan.  [Forgive me for being so blunt -- as someone who has begged to be allowed to teach LabVIEW to Engineering students, and who has seen the pitiful efforts of NI Sales Teams trying to convince Students that "LabVIEW is so Easy ...", I get frustrated when students shoot themselves in the foot].

I'm assuming you did not read the (fairly scant) material on Building VI Server Applications.  I haven't seen the YouTube Video you referenced, but I'm assuming the requirements may not have been clearly stated or understood.

To call a VI by reference for VI Server, there are some requirements for the VI.  The one most often overlooked is that the Front Panel for the VI must not be open.  In other words, you can't be editing the VI that you are trying to call (as you would have its Front Panel open).

Do you know about LabVIEW Certifications?  Before considering using "advanced techniques" (such as VI Server), you should feel confident enough about your LabVIEW skills that you could pass the CLAD (Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer) exam, the lowest level of Certification.  If you have a one-semester course in LabVIEW with a competent instructor, you should be at this level.  If you are doing it "on your own", maybe, maybe not ... (in my experience, maybe not).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,057 Views)

Hi nnhas.

I was reading your case and found this Knowledge Base article. I would like you to read it and check if the proposed solution can help you. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,022 Views)