LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering table values

My front panel looks like this

girish53_0-1676306100174.png

When I run the vi it allows me to enter values in the rows of table Setpoint Profile, but does not allow me to enter the column headers. The table properties are normal, 5 row2, 2 columns, show column headers, scroll bars etc. What could be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,001 Views)

Headers are not directly writeable at runtime (seems obvious). You can modify them via property nodes and suitable code, for example.

Tables are strings and better suited as indicators. If you use them for numeric inputs, there is no validation that the input is reasonable unless you use some validation code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(998 Views)

There's a table property called "Editable Headers".  Turn it on.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 3 of 7
(985 Views)

Are you expecting to change headers during runtime? If the headers will remain constant, just initialize the table with theses column headers outside of the while loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(938 Views)

@girish53 wrote:

My front panel looks like this

girish53_0-1676306100174.png

When I run the vi it allows me to enter values in the rows of table Setpoint Profile, but does not allow me to enter the column headers. The table properties are normal, 5 row2, 2 columns, show column headers, scroll bars etc. What could be the problem?

I have found your  another query for the same application but with different problem and i saw your problem fixed, Make sure you accept solution if you get your expected solution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(917 Views)

Thank you for your help. I was able to find the mistake I was making and fix it. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(894 Views)

@girish53 wrote:

Thank you for your help. I was able to find the mistake I was making and fix it. 

I think the real mistake is to use a table and headers for user input. Tables should really always be used as indicators, even though they are named "table control" in the palette and are controls by default, which has always puzzled me. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(886 Views)