LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engueue Message stops Runtime version

Hello,

My application works on development, but when I create a Runtime executable file of my project, my executable file can't open and the SW Version is "empty". I have to change all the "Engueue/Dequeue Message" to regular Engueue/Dequeue to get my SW Version. Can someone help me resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(797 Views)

Hi Herman,

@HermanYang wrote:

My application works on development, but when I create a Runtime executable file of my project, my executable file can't open and the SW Version is "empty". I have to change all the "Engueue/Dequeue Message" to regular Engueue/Dequeue to get my SW Version.

Why do you need to hide an image inside some obscure office file format? It's so much easier to open/view images attached to your message!

And when you want to discuss code problems then it would way better to actually attach code…

• There is no "SW version" in your image!
  • Why "can't your executable open"? Any error messages?
  • Do you check for errors somewhere in your code? If you do: do you get any errors?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(785 Views)

Yes, I got error as: Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Inner Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Desktop\ICP Express\builds\ICP Express.exe\ICP Express <append><b>System.IO.FileNotFoundException</b> in ICP Main.vi

I have two software, one did open the Executable file, the other one disappears after some microseconds (I believe it is the same error).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(775 Views)

Seems like you forgot to include ICP Express in your build.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(735 Views)

Thank you for your help. After carefully check, I found I didn't include a Queue message component VI in my source code. After added it in, the file version is displayed on front panel. Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(708 Views)