From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enclose execution of an application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all!

I hava a VI wich executes a third part  application using System Exec. This works perfectly, but now I was wondering if I culd achor the 3dr part application's widget to the main painel of my VI, like puttin it in some container.

Does anybody know if it is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,493 Views)

See here:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Display-a-DOS-window-on-my-front-panel/m-p/147419/highlight/true#M88...

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,485 Views)

Thankyou for your reply vt92.

Unfortunatly, that example does not solve my problem. As I said, I can perfeclty execute and interact with the 3rd part application.

What I wanted now is to let this application window atached to my front panel, just like if it was in an ActiveX container. I would like this application to behave just like a LV control in the frint panel.

Best regads

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,479 Views)

That's what I need! The effect shown in the exemple is the one I'm looking for. However, considering what rolfk said about complex applicatins, I may have some issue here. The window I'm trying to child is a MeshLab recompilation used to mesh calculation and rendering of point clouds. So I won't get surpriued if something odd occur.

Thanks so much for all

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,454 Views)