cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elapse timer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am doing this motion sensor project. i have gotten it to work like when it senses a motion it will light up the boolean led. so now i am suppose to add a some sort of timer which some has recommended me elapsed time, i tried figuring out but i dont know how to wire it to my program. My task is to set a timer, so that when 10 mins has passed and no motion is detected it will trigger a logic 1 ( Digital Input ) to another program. But right now im focusing on this program as i need to integrate both. So how do i wire it to make it like how i had described. And lastly i need a reset button so that after it input a logic 1 ( which will trigger a alarm - another program ) it can be reset and countdown 10 mins again. Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,263 Views)

Hi bobfun,

you already asked this in a different thread.

Instead of creating double posts you should keep related things in ONE thread. This will help to bundle information in one place!

As said before: use the ElpasedTime expressVI. Wire your "no motion" condition to the expressVI and you will get your signal, when the time has elapsed…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,238 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

Im so sorry as it was my friend who posted it for me the prevous time. So where do i wire it to? do u have a pic so i can better understand what you meant? and what about the reset button? im so confused as i have not learn this before. thank you very much!

best regards, 

bobfun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,220 Views)

HI GerdW,

Sorry to bother you again, but how do i set the time? i have to wire the Elapse time or the Presents or Time has Elapse? I dont really get all of this as i have not learn LabVIEW before. Mind if u could explain to me? Thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobfun

First, you should continue in your original thread.

Next, take the LabVIEW tutorials. 

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Then, read the help file for the Elapsed Time function.

Finally, set up a simple VI where you can experiment with how that function works.

Message 5 of 6
(3,137 Views)

Hi,

Thank you very much for ur help! have a nice day!

best regards,

bobfun

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,117 Views)