LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing ini File

Hi, I am using a Labview software created by a third party firm. Now that firm has gone out of business and the software has been rendered useless because of the hardware change in the system.

The software is using ini file to verify the MAC address of the LAN for licensing. Since the motherboard is changed, MAC address is no longer same as the licensed one.

Trying to edit the MAC address in the ini file leaves it corrupted. I am looking for any way to edit the MAC address in the ini file. Attaching the file for the easy reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqlkq57apeq1kaj/Dev_Setting.ini?dl=0

Could not attach ini file due to following error hence dropbox link

The attachment's dev_setting.ini content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,395 Views)

Hi, 

so you ask for help on breaking the software copyright protection of that measurement system? Really?

When you want to attach that file you should put it in a ZIP file!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,384 Views)

Thank you for  your advice of zipping the file. 

I am not asking advice on breaking the software. The original company has shut its shop, Now I am left in limbo.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,369 Views)

Hi,

in my experience there is almost always someone else now the owner of the IP of that company.

You are asking for help on breaking a software protection!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,365 Views)

It is possible to change the MAC on a network card. Just saying...

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,361 Views)

There are ways to change MAC address on network cards. But on some cards specially built into Dell systems can only be changed to specific series. This is a known issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,359 Views)

@sangalaviral wrote:

There are ways to change MAC address on network cards. But on some cards specially built into Dell systems can only be changed to specific series. This is a known issue.

Some claim it is: https://www.howtogeek.com/192173/how-and-why-to-change-your-mac-address-on-windows-linux-and-mac/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,349 Views)

You can probably have a read here.

https://blog.technitium.com/2011/05/tmac-issue-with-wireless-network.html

This issue is not uncommon. You will find thousands of posts on this.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,342 Views)

Oh, so you need to use a wifi adapter?

-"This issue is observed only on wifi adapters, while you can change the MAC address on Ethernet adapters without any fuss".

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,336 Views)

The network needs to be always on that particular system and system is connected through wifi as it is placed in atex zone.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,334 Views)