LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Mode On Open Property

The question has undoubtedly been raised before, but I was unable to infer the exact solution to it from the semi-relevant entries already posted.

I have the source code to a large EEG DAQ program that the developers have given.   When opening the program itself, it is in Run Mode, and I do not have access to the block diagram nor the menus with which I could access the block diagram.  The following was frequently suggested:  open a new VI, select and add the EEG vi to the block diagram, and double click.  Now, this does give me access to the block diagram, and I can even toggle back and forth from Run Mode to Edit mode via the Operate menu.  But how do I configure the program to open up in Edit Mode?  the LabVIEW help files offer this solution:

Edit Mode On Open Property

Property of VI.

If TRUE, the VI opens in edit mode. If FALSE, the VI opens in run mode, and the title bar, menu bar, and toolbar do not appear. To write this property, you must call it before you open the front panel of the VI.

-------

How, exactly, can one write this property - when calling it before opening the front panel?  If the front panel automatically opens when being called, what to do?  If I turn off a feature which forces it to not open, what to do then?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,747 Views)

All you have to do when you have the VI open in edit mode is go to file\VI properties\execution and then deselect the run when opened check box. Then save the VI and it wil open regular next time.

Hope this helps.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,745 Views)
thank you very much. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,744 Views)

You are very welcome.

G-lad to be of service.