LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETSAPI.DLL ISSUE

Hi, 

From one day to another, most of my vision drivers disappeared. Impossible to open now some VI that I created in the past. It tells me that ETSAPI.DLL is missing. I am using windows 7 with Labview 2013. I tried to reinstall Labview without any change... It still does not work...

Does someone have any clue how to fix this? 

All the best. 

Cris.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,346 Views)

Hello Cris,

Do you have any clue what happened with your machine before this problem occurred? Drivers don't tend do disappear without reason.

Now, I did find some references saying that the etsapi.dll is a *.dll used in some of our older IMAQ functions. Is the code you are using recently updated to a newer version maybe?

Therefore I think it's worth to verify that all software installs are ok.

As you already doublechecked the LabVIEW install, could you verify the vision acquisition driver install?

Please use the one from 2013.08 or later, otherwise the support for LabVIEW 2013 is not included.

Other things worth a try are: a mass compile of the code

Please let us know about your progress.

Kind Regards,

Wouter

National Instruments Belgium

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,294 Views)

Hi Cris,

Did you find the time to run the test described above?

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Regards,

Wouter

Applications Engineer, NI Belgium

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,263 Views)

Dear Wouter, 

I found that the drivers for Vision are not installed completely automatically with Vision. I had to reinstall the driver ImaqDx to have this fixed. I had to run the through them to realize that the issue was there. Now, everything works fine. Actually, I could not run the part of my software where camera was controlled but the part with image analysis worked fine so I got confused there.

Thanks a lot anyway for your response.

Cris.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,254 Views)

Hello Cris,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.

Regards,

Wouter

National Instruments Belgium

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,251 Views)