LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPICS error 1950679036

Hi

I've been using EPICS and LV2009 SP1.

I always experienced a problem concerning the reading of some PV the first time I was accessing the variable. The error was 1950679036.

By clicking on "continue" (from the error message window), the VI would then read correctly the PV value.

It took me a while to find the solution to this pseudo-problem (since the communication was OK).

The data type was first defined as "auto" and by switching it to "double" it is now running perfectly without any error message ...

I though this message might help some EPICS users.

Best regards

Pierre

Message 1 of 5
(3,049 Views)

Hi Pierre,

thanks for your post and your will to help other users to be successful with LabVIEW.

Best regards

Alex Rudolph

AE Group Leader

NI Switzerland

Kudos for your post!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,033 Views)

Well,

I have to refrain from my enthusiasm. Changing the format did not cure the problem….

Actually, the “Distributed System Manager” tool (DSM) helped a lot.

As I was investigating the problem, I monitored the signals with the DSM. Under these conditions I did not receive any error message. When not monitoring the signals with DSM, I always receive this “1950679036 general communication failure” error message by the first EPICS reading.

As mention in the previous message, by clicking on “continue” of the error message window, the VI would then execute without problem the subsequent readings.

Is there any good explanation for it?

How can I run without DSM and not receive this error message by the first reading?

Help is welcomed.

Pierre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,027 Views)

Hi Pierre,

I´m not quite sure, if you have seen this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/2B247C11154F7D5F862572190007D1B7?OpenDocument

as this is a more general error. I would recommend to turn off automatic error handling in the LabVIEW VI Settings. And catch the first error programmatically, as you said it works after clicking continue, this should help.

BR

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,023 Views)

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHVJCA4&l=ko-KR

In my case, I can solve this problem by writing a 'Full name of PV'  as 'Target_alies:library:PVname' or 'targetIP:library:PVname' at Figure 8.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,754 Views)