From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEG Program Need Help

Hello, can someone teach me how to create this EEG program as shown in picture. this is my first time to use LabView. So, it kinda hard for me Smiley Sad i dont know which controls to use. Thank You

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,709 Views)
It's good that you have made a first pass at developing the code you need. It's very good that you have started to use subVIs. However there are very many things wrong with the code.

You need to get into some of the online tutorials. In particular you are going to want to learn about event driven programming -- that will show you how to deal with button clicks properly.

But most of all you want to learn about dataflow. It is the central principle that defines how LabVIEW works and the main thing that distinguishes it from other languages. And a great aid in using dataflow will be learning how to use error clusters. Right now if there is an error bad data (or no data) is passed on when what you really need is to show what went wrong.

Finally, you need to get rid of the express VIs. They are inherently inefficient and the dynamic datatype outputs (the dark purple wires) can cause problems of their own. Because the datatype of the wire is not constrained in any way, functions dealing with them sometimes have to guess at what the underlying structure of the data is -- and sometimes they guess wrong.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 5
(2,691 Views)
Did you actually write that code or are you just posting an image of something you found?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,635 Views)

@zulaikhamusyira wrote:

Hello, can someone teach me how to create this EEG program as shown in picture. this is my first time to use LabView. So, it kinda hard for me Smiley Sad i dont know which controls to use. Thank You

If you just opened LabVIEW for the very first time, you don't start with trying to recreate an ugly and complicated program from a picture you found on the internet. A picture does not contain sufficient information (What's inside the other cases? How are the express VIs configured? Where do the hidden wires go? What code is cutoff at the bottom?)

Start with some LabVIEW tutorials!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,618 Views)

Well... why don't you use the Biomedical Toolkit? that should help you in doing this task:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373696B-01/lvbiomed/bio_eeg_fft/

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211023

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,548 Views)