From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically open "Control Design and Simulation" VI on LabView RT

I am successfully opening VIs at runtime on a LabView RT system via "Open VI Reference". Usually these VIs contains various VIs from the standard palettes, like RT-FIFO. I am building LLBs that contain the main VI and my custom-made SubVIs.

But as soon as I am adding "Control Design and Simulation" VIs (e. g. integrator) to the dynamically loaded VIs, I get bombed with 1003 errors.

Workaround at the moment is to include the "vi.lib" in the LLB. But this leads to a huge filesize (16 MB or bigger), it's highly redundant and the build process takes a lot of time.

The "Control Design and Simulation" module is already installed on the RT system. Why are the simulation VIs not found there but other standard VIs (like RT-FIFO) are found?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,040 Views)

Hi

Problem is not all VIs are installed with the driver package or other distributions on the Real-Time target.

That means not all the VIs installed on your computer are also available on the Real-Time target.

So you have to either always inlcude the missing VIs or building a source distribution. Please have a look at the following KBs:

Error 1003 or 1124 When Using VI Server To Call a VI on a Real-Time Target

Error 1003 When Using VI Server in a LabVIEW Application

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Pixar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,017 Views)