From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox menu in multi column list box

Dear community,

any easy way to include drop down menus in listboxes?

I had seen that there were suggestions to use QControls or XControls. Any elegant solutions that carved their way meanwhile?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(939 Views)

You could have one drop-down menu control, for example a menu ring or combo box, that is normally hidden but you place where you click in the listbox. And when you have made the selection you update the listbox and hide the menu. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(921 Views)

@thols  ha scritto:

You could have one drop-down menu control, for example a menu ring or combo box, that is normally hidden but you place where you click in the listbox. And when you have made the selection you update the listbox and hide the menu. 

This is exactly what we do in our applications, but, I would not really call it "easy".

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(911 Views)

I think there have been ideas and recommendations on how to pimp up the possibilities of the listboxes for at least a decade now. Too bad these features haven't found their way into being implemented yet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(880 Views)

You could also use a .NET DataGridView control, which has the option of built-in drop downs, but using it is more complicated. You can see a wrapper library for it here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/OpenSource-Project-for-a-NET-Datagrid-for-LabVIEW/td-p/3183254

(801 Views)

Worth a look. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(718 Views)