From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing objects for simulation

Is it possible to draw an assemble line layout, like the conveying belt and also be able to simulate the products on the line( I dont mean using a camera to capture the image), but use square or round images to represent the products on the line.
Also would it be possible to draw a tank with labview so that the sensors attached to the tanks will enable the program to fill up the tank in accordance to the level of the original tank[ This is like the temperature sensor in labview that fills up the tube when the sensors' temperature rises].
I would also welcome other alternative to do the same job. Can a camera also do the same? I would also appreciate the advise of all
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,791 Views)
I would suggest going to NIs website (or catalog) and taking a look at the DSC toolkit (formerly marketed as BridgeVIEW). This software already does exactly what you are asking for.

Contact your local sales rep, they can give you a demo CD with a simulation on it that will surprise you. There are two simulations, one is a conveyor belt, the other is a tank that fills and empties.

If you can't afford the entire DSC toolkit, they also sell just the industrial automation picture tools. I highly recommend DSC however, as it sounds as though this is what you are doing.

The alternative to all of this is to use custom controls. This is very difficult, and since it has already been done, will be an investment of your time that far exceeds the cost of purc
hasing either of these toolkits.

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,791 Views)