From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Newport ESP301 Motion Control Driver

Hello,

You can go to the NEWPORT Website under the following link, please scroll down till Resources >> Software.

There you can download the ESP301 Firmware Installer.

This directory contains a LabVIEW directory.

Greetings and Regards,

James.

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,843 Views)

Hello,

did the method I suggested work?

If so, could you please mark the problem as solved?

Like that you would help other users finding a solution quicker.

Regards and Greetings,

James.

Greetings and Regards,
James
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,834 Views)

I have download the ESP301 Firmware Installer.

but the directory does't contain any LabVIEW directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,269 Views)

Hi lizheng,

I have download the ESP301 Firmware Installer. but the directory does't contain any LabVIEW directory.

Well, you downloaded a "firmware" installer for that Newport device. "Firmware" is not related to LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,266 Views)

Did anyone get the labview to communicate with the ESP301?

I found the labview file downloading the program ESP301_Installer_Wind10.zip in the site https://www.newport.com/f/esp301-3-axis-dc-and-stepper-motion-controller , and I found the Labview files C:\Newport\Motion Control\ESP301\LabView\ Source Code , but theses files does not work rightly.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,497 Views)

I seem to have the same problem.

I wrote a Linux serial device driver for the ESP301 long ago, and I want to repurpose it. I was trying to write a Visa driver for serial/USB and I can't get USB to work.

- The Windows device manager shows it has no driver. Like you I tried the 2 zip files off the Newport website, but neither contains a driver. One is a motion program, the other a firmware updater (that can't seem to find the device via USB)

- Trying to use the NI-VISA Driver Wizard gives me a surprising:

The following errors were found when testing the device's compatibility with VISA:
[Device Id: USB\VID_14d&PID_3001]
ERROR -1073807174: Device descriptor error - null value for serial number [Device Id: USB\VID_104d&PID_3001]
ERROR -1073807174: Device descriptor error - unexpected bDescriptorType (expected USB_STRING_DESCRIPTOR)

Now, does anyone know how to install a driver for this device, or how to connect via USB to it, or how to get it recognized by Visa or as a generic USBTMC device ?

In the meanwhile I'll convert my old serial driver.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,253 Views)

I seem to have partially figured it out.

The ESP301-GUI-V2.0.0.3 file (named as ESP301_Installer_Win10 on the website) installs a whole lot of stuff in C:\Newport\Motion Control\ESP301 (hey guys, it's Win10, not Win3.1 anymore !!!) and in the directory C:\Newport\Motion Control\ESP301\Bin\USB Driver\64-bit you can right-click on the usbuart3410.inf file and select [Install]. Disconnect, reconnect and it shows as a COM3 serial port, but via USB (some kind of virtual serial-to-USB adapter ?). The speed should be 921600 8N1. The terminator is \r.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,243 Views)