LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-Click to Open Clone

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 2017. I noticed that double clicking on a re-entrant subVI while the program is running opens the master VI rather than the associated clone (as would happen using previous versions of LV).  This behavior is frustrating and unexpected.  Is there a way to change the default behavior?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,748 Views)

Can you attach a small amount of code (caller and subVI in a zip file) that demonstrates the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,710 Views)

This has been mentioned before here on the forum. Work-around. Right click VI and select "Open Front Panel". It will open the Clone instance.

mcduff

Message 3 of 15
(3,704 Views)

I'll try the right-click thing, but you describe that as a work-around.  Does that mean the consensus is that it's a bug, or what? 

My opinion is that it's a step in the wrong direction, from an editor interface perspective.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,684 Views)

I can’t remember where the post is, but I believe it is being treated as a bug.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neesea

OK, try to update to the 2017 f2 patch (or see if NI update has it). Seems it got fixed.

Message 6 of 15
(3,671 Views)

Cool, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,648 Views)

I was having issues with the clone problem and I downloaded and tried to install the f2 patch. As you can see by the attached png file, I have LabView 2017 open and the about open with the message on top "NI LabVIEW 2017 must be installed before you can install this patch". Same issue whether LabVIEW is open or closed. 

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed. Both versions are at the same 17.01f1 level. Also ran check for updates and no updates show for LabVIEW 2017.  Computer restarted at least once with the same results. 

Any suggestions?

LeMur Technology Services, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,467 Views)

Hi Greg,

You must have all NI software closed before you install the patch. What OS are you on? Are you downloading and installing the patch from ni.com?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,443 Views)

All LabVIEW software was closed, except when I made the PNG. I wanted to show LabVIEW 2017 was installed. I am using Windows 10 professional. Yes the patch came from NI http://www.ni.com/download/labview-development-system-2017/6967/en/

LeMur Technology Services, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,438 Views)