LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Account Manager Not Launching

Hi All,

I am having an issue launching the LabVIEW Domain Account Manager utility - when selected from the menu toolbar (Tools>Security>Domain Account Manager...) the utility appears for an instance and then immediately disappears. When navigating to Tools>Security>Login... I get the following error message:

Unable to find any NI domain

Error code: -1967345663

OS and Network Services: (Hex 0x8ABCB001) Generic security error

After acknowledging this error I am presented with the NI Security Login window, where I can enter a User Name and Password, but the NI Domain option is empty and there are no options to select in the drop-down. The "OK" button on this window is also grayed-out. 

Solutions I have tried so far are:

- Rebooting computer

- Restarting NI Domain Server & NI PSP Service Locator services

- Re-Installing LabVIEW

None of the above attempts have fixed the issue. Can anyone advise a potential solution? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks very much, 

TS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,920 Views)

Hi, TrentSteele

Can you provide some screen recording of the errors and steps for reproducing that error?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,599 Views)

I don't know if it's frowned upon to bump ancient threads, but I'm seeing this same behavior now. In the past, when I've seen this I believe it was a Windows security patch (from a customer's IT Dept.) which blocked certain ports. Having IT roll the patch back fixed the issue.

However, what are the options to keep a patch up but make sure that certain ports are kept open? What would these ports be that could be blocked causing the launcher to fail?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(568 Views)