From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does multiple instances of DAQmx start task result in error?

I am trying to read voltages from pressure transducers and LVDTs in two separate While Loops. But when running the program there is an error regarding DAQmx Start Task.vi. So I was wondering if multiple instances of DAQmx Start task results in error. I have attached the vi.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,450 Views)

Yes, it does cause an error and if you had searched the forum for the error code you got, you would have found numerous posts on the subject and the solution. Briefly, define a single task with multiple channels. You need to do this for both the write and read tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Thank you for the reply. New to Labview so I didn't know that we had to search using the error code, I tried searching using text though. Will do that from the next time, thanks.

I do not have the problem with the write tasks but only with the read tasks. Right now I have one start task for all the input from the pressure transducers and LVDTs and three start tasks for the three analogue outputs and the program seems to run fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,412 Views)