LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does difference in Ring affect vi operation?

Solved!
Go to solution

Do you instead recommend that I try using the version that is a typedef in the vi callers of the version that is not?

I don't know enough LabVIEW yet to tell by looking at the code if it needs a ring vs. an enum, but if it works perhaps that's good enough. I have the original (written by someone knowledgeable, no longer around) in source control if I need to go back.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(269 Views)

I just checked if the two versions of SameName.ctl are both typedefs. They both are! I was surprised this is even possible. One is a Ring and one is an Enum. And they are both called by several vi's. 

So I think I have to rename them in order to keep things straight. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(257 Views)

@colorimeter wrote:

I just checked if the two versions of SameName.ctl are both typedefs. They both are! I was surprised this is even possible. One is a Ring and one is an Enum. And they are both called by several vi's. 

So I think I have to rename them in order to keep things straight. 

But the SameName.ctl files have the same items in them, even if one's a ring and one's an enum, right?  This is going to be really ugly and I can see all kinds of maintenance headaches in the future.  It might even be worth it to track down all instances of that ring and replace them with instances of that enum.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(251 Views)
Tes Mt. Ko! A search for same name ring a d replace all w Same name enum should be the next step!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(241 Views)